“The simplest answer is usually the correct answer”
First why not choose Happiness? I mean let’s face it the quality of our lives is ENTIRELY determined by how we feel.
Life is meant to feel good. God, your loved ones, the departed – They all want you to be HAPPY. Life is meant to feel good. And all it takes is a minor change in your thinking to go from depression to Bliss.
But the real answer to the question Why choose happiness is: Life is just plain BETTER when you are happy!
- Have a stronger immune system
- Live longer
- Are more active, and have greater energy
- Are more emotionally healthy
- Exhibit greater self-control & coping abilities
- Enjoy superior work outcomes like: Greater Creativity, Increased Productivity, Higher Quality of Work, and Higher Income
- Are more cooperative, pro- social & charitable
- Enjoy larger relationship rewards like: being more likely to marry & less likely to get divorced, more likely to have more friends, more likely to enjoy stronger social support, and more likely to enjoy richer social interactions.
- Benefit their families, communities & society at large
Here is what I know from my personal experience – on days when I am grumpy it seems like nothing goes my way. Everything just seems to make me grumpier or angrier. But then when I am happy I swear it’s like Every Single thing goes my way. People give me free stuff, hold doors open for me, I find money where I didn’t expect it. Everything is SOOOO much better when your happy because of the law of attraction.
So that’s why I choose happiness because it sucks to not feel good and it sucks that the universe just keeps giving you more things to not feel good about. Which is why I started my site. To write about Tools, Tips and Tricks to help people (including myself) switch things up and turn things around.