“Your ability to use the principle of autosuggestion will depend, very largely, upon your capacity to concentrate upon a given desire until that desire becomes a burning obsession.”
Self hypnosis can be a very powerful tool to create the life you desire and change your current habits. Self hypnosis also has the added benefit of being completely free. It is very useful to learn, since you can do it whenever you wish, and in the comfort of your own home – which I always Love!
First you should know exactly what self hypnosis is. Self hypnosis is when one states direct and positive suggestions to their own subconscious while in a state of deep relaxation.
Self hypnosis is a form of hypnosis which is self-induced, it has been referred to also as as autosuggestion. Self hypnosis is a close cousin to meditation because like meditation it helps you to relax your body, lets stress hormones subside, and distracts your mind from unpleasant thoughts. The relaxation achieved with self-hypnosis can be intense. Let’s get started click next.
Start Now Guide
First Remember: Self-hypnosis is when one states direct and positive suggestions to their own subconscious while in a state of deep relaxation.
Start using self-hypnosis by considering what you want to change in your life. Make a list of the new habits you wish to incorporate. Now take these and incorporate them into a self-hypnosis script.
Things to consider when writing your script:
- The correct use of suggestions – ultimately, the words you use is the most important component. It is crucial for success to keep your scripts in a current and positive form.
- So stay away from negative or past tense statements.
- Keep your phrases clear and simple, to the point; you want to be as specific as possible and leave no room for doubt.
- During a hypnotic state the suggestive phrases should be repeated; this will ensure optimal effect.
- The phrases don’t have to be the same just as long as each one has the same meaning. An example is to lose weight your phrases could be: “I eat healthy foods”, I lose weight daily” or “I feel better every day”.
Things to consider while recording your script:
- Tone of voice – you should speak in a tone that sounds calm, and confident.
- Speed or pace – don’t be afraid to speak slowly. Pauses of 5 – 15 seconds between suggestions may seem excessive at first, but in reality it allows you subconscious to ‘take in’ and act on what you are saying.
- Inflection – Be careful not to sound mono-tone. Put some life into your words, but not too much to keep you awake.
Before you start listening to your recording:
- Make sure your bedroom is clean and organized (physical messes have an effect on our mind).
- Close your eyes
- Take 10 slow deep breaths (in through the nose, and out through the mouth)
- Say to yourself the word ‘Relax’ on each out breath.
You may want to follow the above steps several times throughout you day – even when you’re not preparing yourself for self-hypnosis. It’s a great stress reliever.
Things to consider while listening to your self-hypnosis recording:
- You can be seated, or lie down – whichever is most comfortable for you. You want to be in a position that symbolizes your openness to change – so make sure not to cross your legs are arms.
- Use ear buds. You’ll have much better results.
- Use visualization. Make the image as real as you can, use all of your senses.
Don’t be afraid to fall asleep. Just let yourself go and trust in your script.
Getting into a relaxed hypnotic state is a skill that will improve over time. Don’t expect too much of yourself your first time. Remember – practice makes perfect.
You can download Professional Hypnosis audio at: Instant-Hypnosis.com I personally love to download these mp3 so I can listen to a real professional instantaneously.
If you haven’t already you need to read this book (if you – have read it again and again 🙂 )
Think and grow Rich is really not about money it teaches you so much more than to have money. It will teach you why Self hypnosis / auto suggestion is so vital of a tool to use consciously. The fact is you are already using it. But when you decide to use it consciously everything changes!