Created By: MICHAEL W. FORDYCE, Ph.D
Answers the question – What are the top 14 traits of happy people?
The “Fourteen Fundamentals” are fourteen, highly characteristic traits of happy individuals, according to years of collected research.
Each of these 14 happiness traits, according to the research, make a significant contribution to the happiness that the happiest individuals enjoy.
All of these fourteen happiness traits can be developed by ordinary individuals.
And finally, virtually anyone who develops these characteristics will become noticably happier.
The above are the major proposition which underlie the happiness program we have developed…
The “Fourteen Fundamentals” are:
1. Be more active and keep busy.
2. Spend more time socializing.
3. Be productive at meaningful work.
4. Get better-organized and plan things out.
5. Stop worrying.
6. Lower your expectations and aspirations.
7. Develop positive optimistic thinking.
8. Get present-oriented.
9. WOAHP — work on a healthy personality.
10. Develop an outgoing, social personality.
11. Be yourself.
12. Eliminate the negative feelings and problems.
13. Close relationships are #1 source of happiness.
14. VALHAP — the “secret fundamental”.
The remainder of this volume is dedicated to an in-depth look at each of these fourteen, fundamental happiness traits.
In the chapters to come, we will take each Fundamental in turn, describe the research behind it, explain, in theoretical terms, how it contributes to the happiness of the happiest individuals, and provide some general guidelines (as well as some specific activities and strategies) that you can use to develop each Fundamental yourself.